Along with all the craziness that comes along with getting ready to go back to school, I've had so much on my heart lately. It's a bit overwhelming at times, but I think God sometimes works in waves. You know what I'm talking about don't you? Like just when you think you have everything under control, everything seems to unravel. Or when you finally feel close, you loose touch...or maybe trip. I don't know if I'm making any sense here, but I guess maybe what I am trying to say is that sometimes I feel dumped on. Everything is goin' fine, and then BAM!...
But maybe it's all a blessing in disguise. I think maybe God has to move us out of our comfort zones to get us to move. Or if not out of our comfort zones, our "stuckititus" syndromes. Let me explain. By "stuckititus" Syndrome, I mean those times when we know in our heart that we are supposed to act, but don't. Or do that one thing we've been meaning to do, but haven't. And I think sometimes we have to be pushed of of this habit of "stuckititus."
I think I'm there.
Just recently I've been thinking about all the things I've wanted to do, or used to do and want to come back to them, but just haven't figured out how to incorporate them into my life. Actually I wallow in the fact that I haven't done them. WHY??!!...I should just go do them right? *sigh* It's that thing called "stuckititus." But today I was sitting in church and something Pr. Mark said hit me. "What are you spending your life on?"...if you think about it, what we do in this life is kinda like shopping. What do you choose to buy, wait on, or walk by? And it just got me thinking a bit. What are the things I am spending my life on? Am I missing out on opportunities? Are there things that I am putting on hold for absolutely no reason?
Anyways, I think I'll have to save the more specific things on my heart for a later date considering that it is now approximately 1:30 in the morning and I have to get up kinda early to move back to school! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment