Will I believe you when you say
Your hand will guide my every way
Will I receive the words You say
Every moment of every day
Well I will walk by faith
Even when I cannot see
because this broken road
Prepares Your will for me
Help me to RID my endless fears
You've been so faithful for all my years
With the one breath You make me new
Your grace covers all I do
yeah, yeah , yeah, yeah, ya
well i will walk by faith
even when i cannot see
because this broken road
prepares your will for me
Well I'm broken- but I still see Your face
Well You've spoken- pouring Your words of grace
Well I will walk by faith
Even when I cannot see
Well because this broken road
Prepares Your will for me
~ "Walk by Faith" by Jeremy Camp
It's amazing to me how faithful my God is, and how no matter what, He is always there, speaking truth into our lives. A very long time ago I thought that if I was in God's will, everything would go smooth for me, because God desires for us to be happy all the time. And even though I recognized a while ago how very wrong that thought process was, it's taken a couple of storms for me to really realize that it's in the storms that God reveals himself to us. Sometimes, yes, it's in the happy moments, when we are worshiping Him, or just enjoying life's precious moments that He does this, but most of the time it's in those moments of brokenness that we come running to Him. ...or choose not to. But I know from personal experience, that running from our creator is the worst thing we could ever possibly do. Think of all the things you could miss...
God could be trying to teach you something, show you something about who he made you to be, or even to do His work in someone else. I'm not saying that storms suddenly become easy to wade through once you ask God to show you His purpose in creating it in the first place, or once he shows you His purpose, because that would be a complete lie. Brokenness hurts even when we know it has a purpose or know that God is with us through it all, but when we know that we will come out of it refined, it is refreshing. Refining. Renewing. Refreshing. That's what YOU are doing to me.
But in order for this to happen we not only have to ask our heavenly father what he is trying to show us or do in us, but we also have to listen. And not just listen, but do what he is telling us to do, no matter how hard it is or how much we feel like we would be leaving something or someone behind. It's hard, but that's what we've been called to do. That's what I've been called to do. To listen to God's heart, make it mine, and run wherever it takes me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment