It's been quite a while(I feel like anyway) since I have last blogged. So much has happened in such a short amount of time that I am left almost speechless in a way. I feel like I should give the exciting news in order for the new insight to even make since.
The exciting news...well I guess a bit sad too is that I decided to change my major...from elementary education to culinary arts(the baking stuff mostly :) ) If you didn't know me really well, this would seem like a huge switch, but in reality, I've been doing this sort of stuff my whole entire life. I guess I just never realized I loved it so much. I looove it!!
So basically in a span of one week I not only decided to change my major, but my school, because SAU obviously doesn't have a culinary program. The crazy part about all of this is that it didn't really freak me out...actually it freaked me out that I was so at peace about all of it. I mean the normal me would totally freak out about not only switching majors, but schools...a secular school no less where I don't know anyone, let alone any fellow believers. But right now I am sitting here completely at piece with it all and actually quite excited really about this new adventure. And I guess it's cool to see just how much God has stretched me to be at peace about all of this.
Okay, so now that I have let out the exciting news, here's the new insight I got from this whole experience. During the week that I made my decision to make the big switch, I couldn't help but think/ask God why the heck I was just now switching. Like why after 2.5 years of working with kids in the classroom, was I just NOW figuring out that I didn't want to teach for the rest of my life? I mean seriously, it's not like I was just taking classes, I was in the classroom and I liked it and was really passionate about it for a while. But then something hit me. I love how God speaks sometimes. Anyways, I just had this little voice that came out of nowhere..and idea really in the form of a voice that said "Ash, God knows everything right? And he sees the big picture, right? Right... "Well what if there was someone, just one person that needed to be ministered in the culinary field, and you were the only person that fit the job. And that meant that you had to completely switch gears to reach that one and only person. That one person that is supposed to live in eternity forever with Christ. Wow!! I was in my car driving Justin and I just wanted to stop and tell everyone the conversation that just went on inside my head. I mean what if we all lived our lives like that? What if we were willing to just take a step back from our busy lives and really think about why God gave/gives us the talents and gifts that he does? or why he sometimes changes things suddenly which are not in our plan. Just some thoughts :)
I still don't know where exactly I am going in the fall or what God has ahead for me...which in a way is a bit weird for someone who thought she was going to be a teacher since junior year in high school, but I know that His plan is perfect and His plan is to redeem and save the lost and use the body of Christ to further his kingdom. And how cool is it to think that he would use me (us)to lead someone else to Him...to further the kingdom of God!! I don't know about you, but I find that extremely exciting! But I would def appreciate your prayers about where I am to go in the fall. I am supposed to visit Baker College next Tuesday, so if you wanted to pray for something specific..just pray that when I visit I know that Baker is either where God wants me at or that he leads me to another one. Thanks! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment