Today I came across a little slip of paper, actually a halfway decent size one, that was tucked in my writing journal. Sometimes I just tuck random stuff in there like random thoughts or reflections from the day. This was one of those. It kinda stemmed from a conversation, but it was totally God written. Seriously. Sometimes when I write, things just come to me out of nowhere it seems like. I go back and read them and tears come to my eyes. How could I possibly have written that? But I guess it's just God sharing his heart through me.
Anyways. Back to that little slip of paper.
Here is what is said:
It's hard to see ourselves through our creators eyes when all we see are our flaws or something that we don't' have or are missing. And because of that I truly believe that we miss out on countless opportunities. We are people who always want more, more that what we have. Some days it's a good thing, but other times it feeds our selfish desires and it tricks us into believing that we don't have enough, that we aren't enough and therefore not worthy of being called beautiful, handsome, smart or talented.
When I think about it, we have such a distorted glimpse of things. We have it so wrong. I think we forget who made us. God created us in His image, for a specific purpose, and he gave each of us specific talents and gifts so that we may glorify Him. To Him, each and everyone of us are masterpeices. Masterpieces. Now I know not everyone that reads this is an artist, so maybe just think of something that you do well. But find something that you did, created, wrote, sang, whatever it may be, that you consider to be your best work. A masterpiece that you created. Now find another piece of work that is good, but in your eyes isn't a masterpiece, its less than perfect. God doesn't see any of us that way. To him we are all masterpieces. He created us, flaws and all. You, see he uses those flaws for His glory. Sometimes those flaws bring us closer to Him. And our talents are to be used to glorify Him, to serve others. But we can't have everything. If we could, what would be the point? We could do everything on our own. We would need no one.
I feel like this all has been said so many times before. But seriously, why can't I remember it? Why do I let myself miss countless opportunities because I am too busy focusing on what I don't have than what I do have? I guess its just what we do, but i'm tired of it. I want to have the real glimpse, not the distorted one.
Oh Lord, give me a glimpse of what You see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment