Yesterday I was introduced to how wonderfully awkward weddings can be. I take that back. How wonderfully awkward Receptions can be. I'm trying to figure out why exactly I used wonderful and awkward in the same sentence, but maybe its just because something wonderful came out of something awkward. Yeah, that's it.
The wedding ceremony was beautiful and fun at the same time. I loved every second of it and as usual I cried like a baby. There is just something so beautiful and overwhelming about a wedding; when two become one united in Christ. And to think that God had his hand in it all...the whole time. So, I was fine during the wedding.The reception was a whole other ball game.
Because the other girls in my party were sitting with their boys, I sat at a table with the only other single girl and some SAU graduates. We only knew each other. So needless to say while it was nice to meet new people, it was still a bit awkward. And then the dancing began. I love to dance, but not alone. I joined in the fast and fun dances but I found myself slightly discontent during the slow songs when I found myself alone.
But then I realized something while I was sitting there. No matter how awkward it feels to dance(or sit, sing, walk...yada yada) alone now, i'm really not alone. You see, for now i'm just dancing with Jesus. And i'll never stop dancing with Him, but he may choose to let someone else have a turn :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment